Gift this class
Treasure Trove (Tour 2)
This tour incorporates architecture, social history and public art to be found in the city of Melbourne. The works span many eras; from the faded grandeur of the gold rush to cutting edge contemporary art. Wander the city’s lanes and streets where you will see mosaics, buildings and friezes from the early 20th century. Weave your way through Melbourne's arcades and by ways to see cutting edge public art spaces hidden in the nooks and crannies of Cathedral Lane and the Flinders Street subway. And hear stories aplenty of the rich cultural history of Melbourne.
Duration: 2.5 hours
- Melbourne’s lane ways
- Melbourne’s cutting edge public art spaces.
- Lots of useful information about the artwork at each venue and discussions and engagement with the works.
- Inside stories behind many of the public artworks within Melbourne
- Entertaining anecdotes to share with your friends and family
- Your enthusiasm!
- Water (if you get thirsty)
- Sunscreen (if it's sunny)
Comfortable footwear recommended
History buffs, Lovers of Melbourne, Visitors to Melbourne, Art Lovers